Saturday, January 9, 2010

BLOGS

I'm just watching Julie & Julia - all about a blog!! And it inspired me to run up to my office and take a moment before  I turn off the computer for the night to Blog.

These things are amazing.  They are an opportunity - a door, an opening, a window, into other people's lives and homes.  A chance to reach out to others in ways and in a way that was unheard of just a few years ago.
I know you know this and it is probably old hand to most of you or any of you reading this.
But to me,  it is truly an honor and a miracle.
Not too long ago, I was living in the jungle, completely off the grid with no telephone, no computer no electronic connection to the outside world.  All my messages were direct from nature.  I listened to the sounds of the night - followed the signs of nature and took inspiration and direction from the signs and symbols around me.
I remember one night, the last night of a vision quest that I held under the Giant, Ancient and Sacred Ceibo Tree on El Santuario de la Luz - I was the solitary witness to a full lunar eclipse.  I say solitary because a) we had no way of knowing that an eclipse was going to happen - no radio, internet, T.V. phones or newspapers and the night was extremely cloudy.  Only for the moments of the eclipse the clouds cleared around the moon and only over my area of the Peninsula.  It was late, Akal and Loba were asleep back at the Rancho and so too I am sure were my far flung neighbors.
I was awake on my nightly vision quest vigil.
And as I watched the moon disappearing - this awesome display happening only for me - I heard these words
"You won't miss anything that is important - as long as you stay awake."
Now I am deeply grateful for electricity, washing machines, my telephone, internet connection and this Blog.  I relish the connection but I know that even without all these things we are all deeply and truly connected on the Cosmic Bulletin Board of the true inner net - the ten the perfection of our Oneness.  And we will all truly not miss anything as long as we stay awake!!
So-  No matter what occurs STAY AWAKE!!
Blessings
Iala

No comments:

Post a Comment