Monday, September 28, 2009

DINNER TONIGHT

Today was a family morning.  We all packed up, Akal and I and 4 big Baby dogs and went to the creek.
There was running and swimming and splashing and jumping and Sun.
And now everyone is very happy and everyone ate a big dinner.
Which makes me happy because I'm Polish and food is part of the Love.
I Love to cook for my pack - and I do cook for all the kids and Dad every night.  And everything I make is full of my Love.
That's one of the reasons I don't like to eat out.  I spent many years as an aspiring actress waiting tables. And as a waitress I saw a lot of stress, anger, resentment and negativity in many a kitchen.
I am appalled at the cooking shows now in Vogue where there is so much agression and attack - who wants to eat that food?!
There was a great little heathfood store/restaurant in Albuquerque called Forty carrots (don't know if it stiill there.) It was run bu Christy Brinckley's brother.   I loved the food there.  One morning I was sitting outside wating for the store to open.  I heard the owner inside.  As he was preparing the food he was singing sacred chants.  Ah ha I discovered his secret for awesome food!!  Akal and I began to sing with him.  He opened the door amazed.  He said in all of his years cooking no one had ever figured out what he was doing.
I am not much of a cook and I don't like to cook for anyone but my family because I am not too confidant about my skills.  But my family loves my food and never complains.  And my secret ingredient is Love and a few Sacred chants and thanking the food and being grateful.
So kiss your carrots, caress your melons, sing to your cucumbers and bless your buns!
Bon Apetit!

1 comment: